Monday, May 17, 2010

Quick Beach Get Away

We went down to Nags Head this weekend to celebrate Gin Gin's birthday. We had a beautiful and relaxing weekend. We quickly realized that we have a BIG problem with our picky little daughter. As soon as her little toes hit the sand, a loud cry was released. The same result happened every time her little toes even slightly brushed the sand or remotely got close to touching the sand. We tried bribery and toy overload. I was even building sand castles alone. Nothing worked. The princess would only tolerate being held or sitting on a lounge chair with a plush towel. John was quick to point out that she was definitely my daughter. I guess its time I admit that I don't like the sand either. I love the beach and love looking at the waves, but I would be just fine with my chair sitting in grass or even on cement. Sand is so messy and just gets into everything. Sorry Taylor that you might be getting those feelings from me. We have two big beach trips this summer. Hopefully cousin William will make her think differently of the sand. She usually wants to do what he is doing. I am sure she will realize that she can't take all of his toys if she won't get into the sand!


Her feet touching the sand for the first time since she was 4 months old. We had high anticipation for the fun she would have playing in the sand with all the sand toys we brought with us. Those dreams were crushed very quickly. The only person that played with those toys was me. Not only did she not like the sand, but I had to wipe every last morsel off of her feet so that she would stop crying.

This is me thinking....hmmm this could make beach trips a little intresting.

Taylor with GinGin and PaPa

GinGin still trying to get Taylor to like the sand or water. Taylor is looking back at me like "Stop taking my picture and come help me"

GinGin: Isn't this fun Taylor
Taylor: No, I want to go inside.
She is really pointing at the house:)

She didn't mind laying out since she was securely far away from the sand. I am sure John didn't mind the awesome tan lines he was getting. Taylor needs a refresher course on lady-like mannerisms. I will need to do better in those teachings...

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Although, sounds like you might be able to get away with ploping her under one of those little tents while you relax with a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE that last picture. It's definition of relax to the max. Go TAYLOR!

    ReplyDelete