Thursday, May 6, 2010

Montye's Story

I was blog stalking and ran across this story about a family struggling with cancer. I was completely moved and saddened that I wanted to share it so that we could all pray for this family. Montye Gardner is a young mother and wife with two beautiful daughters (ages 5 and 3). She was diagnosed with synovial sarcoma cancer in the fall. She underwent extensive surgeries and was cancer free for 6 months. She just got horrible news that they believe the cancer is back and has mestastasized in her lungs. You can read about her story on her blog. After looking at her blog I realized that Montye went to Auburn University and was actually in my sorority. While you are saying your prayers tonight please include one for the Gardner family. Ask God to watch over them and let the healing begin. The power of prayer is an amazing thing!

Here are two pictures of the Gardner Family that I politely stole from their blog and website




2 comments:

  1. The Gardner family is very close with my husband and his group of friends. They're story breaks my heart and noticed you mentioned her here. I personally only met them a couple times, but it still is unbelievable to hear her story and her courage and strength. Please pray for her often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,

    I learned tonight that Montye has passed.

    Please lift up her husband and children in prayer.

    ReplyDelete