Monday, May 10, 2010

The BIG 30!!

My younger man finally turned the big 30 on Saturday! I am excited that we both are getting to experience the thirties together. It was not very much fun being "old" without him. Happy Birthday to the kindest, funniest, most generous and loving Man I know. I love, love, love growing old with you!
As most of you are aware John has become quite the wine snob lately. His mom and his godmother, Jan each gave him a case of some of his favorite wines. I collected 30 funny pictures of John from all different stages of his life. I cut scrapbooking paper into long rectangles and cut out a whole at the top so that the top of the wine bottle could go through. I then glued a picture to each paper. They turned out adorable! I got this cute idea from my creative sister-in-law who did it for her moms 60th Birthday. I really cant imagine doing 60. I was tired after doing 30. Heres a picture of some of the bottles...

If anyone needs a cute idea for someones big birthday. I highly recommend.

We had some cups and cocktail napkins that said "Lets Toast John He's 30". They turned out really cute as well. Notice the gaudy little 30 signs hanging from the lights in the kitchen. There is always classy birthday decorations and then then just plain tacky and obnoxious decorations. I definitely seemed to be heading toward the tacky side of things.

Johns 30th cake and balloon cookies. The balloons definitely made the cake look like it was for a 4 year old's birthday, but it sure did taste delicious.

The location of this birthday festivities was in Farmville, Virginia. Yes, Virginia does have a city named Farmville and it is the proud location of Hampden-Sydney College. The whole family was in Farmville for William's graduation which doesnt seem possible to me that four years have already gone by. Hampden-Sydney College is held very close to the hearts of many Moss men. Johns grandfather, his father, his uncle, and now his younger brother have all graduated from HSC. Its held close to my heart since that is the place that I first met my better half. We arrived in Farmville Friday night. We were staying with GinGin, PaPa and the Worthingtons in the cutest little cottage with the most amazing views.

The outside of the cottage with the congratualtions banner for William.

The crew who actually exercised over the weekend. PaPa, Alice, GinGin, Mary Gray and Taylor all went on a long walk. Taylor slept for the majority of it, but woke up the last bit and decided she would prefer if Aunt Alice carried her the rest of the way home.

Taylor striking a pose on the stairs

We spent majority of Saturday all playing outside. Since Taylor got up at 6am John and I spent majority of Saturday morning outside as well waiting for the sleeping beauties in our house to awake.

The view from the back yard.

Back to modeling on the stairs.....

Still modeling. She even changes positions to get the perfect shot. She's a natural:)

The whole crew

Mary Gray and Taylor

Taylor and GinGin having lots of fun together.

Getting belly kisses from dada

At graduation. We actually got to sit with the family for about 45 seconds before Taylor decided she would prefer running around in the back. I looked around and noticed all the kids were in the back running around.

I think there is bribery going on in this picture....

The graduate with all of his cousins. William not only received his diploma at graduation, but he was also the recipient of a very prestigious award. If I actually got to sit through graduation I might have had a bulletin and then I could tell you what the award was, but since that didn't happen I can't tell you what award it was. When the award ceremony started John and I did walk back to the area so we were happy that we got to see him get the award. It was such an accomplishment to receive that award and we were all very proud of him. For my family....do you remember when I won the citizenship award 5 years in a row:) ohh right that ended in 5th grade and that was the last award I won.

John, William and Alice-Cole.
Congratualtions William!! We loved being with you for your graduation weekend. We can't wait to see what's in store for you next....we are positive it will be very impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to William and happy 30th bday to John. What a fun weekend. Cute wine tags!! You are such a good wife!! Can't wait to get my hands on Taylor in just a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete