Monday, September 7, 2009

Taylors First Slumber Party Weekend and Half Marathon

Yesterday I ran in the Virginia Beach Half Marathon for the second time with Angela. As I was running along I slowly was recalling memories of my 2006 half marathon and I very quickly recalled telling myself NEVER to do another:) I cannot say I thoroughly enjoyed running 13.1 miles but I am VERY happy I completed it and beat my old time by 7 minutes. My very first words to John were "If I ever tell you I want to run another half marathon please tell me NOOO". Knowing me I am sure I will forget those words and want to run another one very soon. We did have a wonderful time in Virginia Beach and Ang and I had a new running partner this year.

Angela and I as soon as the race was over!

Angela, Anna and I. I was a little happier now because I was drinking a victory beer

Ha..I couldn't resist putting this up. Ang and I after our 2006 race. How young do we look??

Taylor also had a very exciting weekend!! She had her first slumber party weekend in Weldon!! Johnnie and Charlotte had lots of fun activities planned for her and got to show her off to all of their friends. By looking at the pictures its easy to see why she cant wait to go back!


Taylor's fun weekend begins

Hanging out with Poppy and sucking on a delicious Lamb

Taylor loving some bath time

This is either a staring contest or Taylor has made a new friend

Aww getting some major loving

Sooooo Biggg

Taylor is very disappointed in her Hokies

See what I was talking about....Toupee

Off to Church. Apparently she was not a big fan of the loud organ and she might have expressed those feelings to the congregation

Poppy, Taylor and Rev Marjorie

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your marathon! Way to go lady!!!!!!!
    And Taylor is so cute I could eat her...and her toupee just makes me laugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having Taylor with us for the weekend!! We can't wait to do so again. Do you want to go away next weekend? (: we miss her.
    Poppy & MiMi

    ReplyDelete