Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We went to see Aunt Susie "Great" and Uncle Wayne "Big Man" in Cashiers, NC for Labor Day. We had the most amazing weather which got me all excited for fall. Our visit was wonderful and I am pretty sure we all gained 5 pounds from all the good food we ate. Thanks Great and Big Man for a wonderful long weekend! I was very poor with the camera so I only have a few photos.

Cashiers has one of the most amazing playgrounds that I have ever seen. Taylor was a huge fan of this playground and I was a huge fan of the "tired out Taylor" that resulted from the playground.

Taylor enjoying the swings

Going through the tunnel

Going down the kiddie slide

I am pretty sure the designers of this playground did not envision a 6'6" man going down their slides, but Taylor couldn't go by herself so John happily obliged.



Taylor and Great getting ready to go down to Greats amazing Garden.

My morning view at 6:45 am when we were packing to leave. I certainly didn't want to leave!!

I can say this plane ride was better then last time, but it was still not enjoyable or fun. Taylor does not like sitting on our laps for long periods of time. She is not impressed with looking out the window or with the planes safety manuals or with the 50 toys I packed. What does interest her are the peoples hair in front of us, the people sitting behind us, the aisle and mostly the exit door off of the plane. If there was an escalator on the plane she would have been in heaven and I don't think we would have heard a peep out of her. She did express her feelings or rage for about 3 minutes which felt like 30 minutes. By the time it was over John and Taylor were covered in sweat and I was wondering if I could jump out of the plane. By the time I hit the baggage claim I was wondering when our next trip would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment